Monday 29 June 2009


This morning I went to Hayle Estuary.The light was brilliant and changed as the morning went on so this painting became two paintings as I adjusted the colours for the change. Its ok as a first draft to get familiar with the colours so I intend to go back tomorrow with the knowledge of today under my belt and try again. I met a lovely couple from New Zealand who wanted to see what I was up to. She give me a Christian booklet which I accepted with gratitude. So what do you think? Should I go back to studio painting where I can control the light and invent things or should I stay put and paint what I see in front of my eyes in the open air.I think the styles are different so after the Summer is over hopefully I will be able to incorporate the Plein air work into my studio work.

No comments: